the certifications of the breaker exercise – which cost Pacifica members & listeners ~$100 001 . . . cool
https://elections.pacifica.org/ (copied at https://mega.nz/#F!hFkD3C4J!ZVuEamjMKKAtMuE6TPiwUg)
P.S. On the certificate, the word ‘abstain’ doesn’t have the ordinary meaning (77% of listener-members abstained in this referendum, & 48% of staff) but means invalid ballots (highly ambiguous paper-ballot, ballot full of vitriol, maybe the opportunity for a manifesto, plain blank, or any of the myriad of inventive ways a Pacif-I-can (nod to C Cuomo) can spoil a ballot).
[When this post was made, I added the below three points. Rather than add to this post, the remarks will appear as separate posts.
- (1) A few remarks will soon appear below; note that paper-voting, mainly East Coast, was way down.
- (2) The remarks will also cover the need for the PNB to address two strategic matters:
- (a) the $3.265m principal of the FJC loan, payable 1Apr2021; &
- (b) the coming collapse in revenue, as the economic depression underway slashes listeners’ discretionary spend; the only obvious, yet highly regrettable, mitigation is that bequests will increase thru to, at least, Dec2021.
- (3) A separate post will be made when the NES publishes her report, with station data, later this week (inshallah).]
Thank you for posting this. Could you please clarify the “~$100 001” figure and where you got it?
So we got the NO vote on the by laws changes. Now what? Stations’ revenues seem likely to plummet in the weeks and months ahead during the economy-crushing pandemic while most listeners are out of work. How will station’s staff and national staff be paid? Those who pushed for the by laws changes will probably say, “We told you so!” when the money’s gone. What do you think will happen?
1) Thx for the swift comment. The $100k was mentioned at a PNB mtg. in Feb or Mar. If i can make the time, i’ll post here a timestamp & link.
2) As indicated, i’ll address the coming revenue collapse when this post is worked up. The last audited financial statements, FY2016 (the 2017 ones are unaudited, remember, thru luck of documentation), had 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗳𝗳 𝗰𝗼𝘀𝘁𝘀, $𝟲 𝟱𝟲𝟵 𝟯𝟳𝟲, 𝗮𝘀 𝟱𝟯% 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗼𝘁𝗮𝗹, $12 497 805; in terms of the split by location, 𝗞𝗣𝗙𝗔 𝘄𝗮𝘀 ~$𝟮𝗺, 𝟯𝟬% 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗼𝘁𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗳𝗳 𝗰𝗼𝘀𝘁𝘀, & 𝗞𝗣𝗙𝗞 ~$𝟭.𝟳𝗺, 𝟮𝟲%. Noting that National Office labour costs were much greater then than now, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘨𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘩𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘦𝘳.
The dots are joined, as Dr Fauci would say.
https://pacifica.org/finance/audit_2016.pdf (pp. 6 & 30 (p. 8 agrees) of the PDF)
I hope it means we’re getting on to computers now, and becoming informed about good candidates and bad shenanigans. sue