the certifications of the breaker exercise – which cost Pacifica members & listeners ~$100 001 . . . cool
P.S. On the certificate, the word ‘abstain’ doesn’t have the ordinary meaning (77% of listener-members abstained in this referendum, & 48% of staff) but means invalid ballots (highly ambiguous paper-ballot, ballot full of vitriol, maybe the opportunity for a manifesto, plain blank, or any of the myriad of inventive ways a Pacif-I-can (nod to C Cuomo) can spoil a ballot).
[When this post was made, I added the below three points. Rather than add to this post, the remarks will appear as separate posts.
- (1) A few remarks will soon appear below; note that paper-voting, mainly East Coast, was way down.
- (2) The remarks will also cover the need for the PNB to address two strategic matters:
- (a) the $3.265m principal of the FJC loan, payable 1Apr2021; &
- (b) the coming collapse in revenue, as the economic depression underway slashes listeners’ discretionary spend; the only obvious, yet highly regrettable, mitigation is that bequests will increase thru to, at least, Dec2021.
- (3) A separate post will be made when the NES publishes her report, with station data, later this week (inshallah).]